Blood Pressure Services
Normal blood pressure:
A reading of less than 120/80 mmHg is an ideal blood pressure point.120/80mm Hg and up to 139/89mm Hg ranges from standard to high blood pressure. Blood pressure is essential for life. No oxygen or nutrients could be delivered to our tissue bodies via our arteries if the pressure forces our blood to flow through the circulatory system.
What is blood pressure?
The blood pressure is the pressure of the blood within the arteries. It is produced primarily by the contraction of the heart muscle. Its measurement is recorded by two numbers. The first (systolic pressure) is measured after the heart contracts and is highest. The second (diastolic pressure) is to measure before the heart contracts and lowest”. A blood pressure cuff measures the pressure. Elevation of blood pressure is called “hypertension“
- bp range in Males: -120/80 mmHg
- bp range in Females: -120/80 mmHg
Types of Blood Pressure:
- High Blood pressure
- Low blood pressure
High blood pressure:
High BP is a common condition that occurs mostly in older adults. If a patient’s BP range goes above, 140/90mmHg is said to have suffered from high BP. Your heart may become overloaded when your blood pressure is high. The build-up of plaque (atherosis) in the artery walls (high blood pressure) will intensify, obstruct blood circulation to your heart muscles, put yourself at risk of a heart attack. It also weakens the brain’s artery walls that can cause a stroke.
What are the symptoms of hypertension?
Symptoms of severe hypertension can include:
- shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Vision problems
- Irregular heartbeat
How to control high BP?
There are some few ways to control high bp and they as follow –
- If a person is overweight or obese, he/ she should lose weight
- Stop smoking
- Eat healthy food like fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products
- Daily exercise
- Reducing alcohol
Low blood pressure:
Low blood pressure is called hypotension. The low bp range is less than 90/60 mm Hg. When the bp level drops, it causes dizziness and fainting. Health problems can arise when blood pressure suddenly drops, and the brain lacks sufficient blood supply. The blood pressure drops suddenly when a person is lying down or in a standing position. People with lower blood pressure have less risk of developing stroke, kidney disease, and heart disease.
What are the symptoms of hypotension?
There are symptoms due to which a person has low BP: –
Some symptoms caused due to the conditions or diseases: –
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease
How to control low BP?
Healthy patients having low BP without any signs or organ damage do not need any treatment. But there are many ways to increase low bp level: –
- Eat more salt
- Avoid alcohol
- Wear compression stocking
- Daily exercise
- Drink much water
- Do not carry any massive thing
Electronic blood pressure monitor
Doctors tell the patient to check their blood pressure at home using an automatic BP machine. There are two types of blood pressure machines: –
- Manual BP machine
- Digital BP machine
1)Manual BP machine: –
- The manual BP machine has a cuff that is wrapped around the patient’s arms, a rubber squeeze bulb, and a gauge to check the blood pressure.
- The circular dial of the gauge displays the blood pressure while the needle starts moving around, and the tension in your cuff is increasing or decreasing.
- These Manual BP machines are not to be used for home use.
2)Digital BP machine: –
- The digital BP machine will have a cuff and is wrapped around the patient’s arms.
- The monitor on the BP machine has to be started, and then the device measures the BP of the patient.
- After the BP is shown, the cuff deflates on its own. Many people at home mostly use this machine.
If you are suffering from High or Low BP, visit us at the Ashraya Hospital, where our physicians provide the best treatment for BP in the Pune area.